Salifert Ca Calcium Test Kit
The Salifert Ca Calcium test kit is an easy to use method to determine your saltwater aquariums Ca level. This kit does 50 tests. Maintain Ca between 400-450ppm. Keep Stable by avoiding large fluctuations.
- Add with 5 ml syringe 3 ml of water in the test vial.
- Add 6 drops of Ca-1 to the water in the test vial, and swirl gently for 10 seconds.
- Add 1 spoon of Ca-2 and swirl for 5 seconds.
- Put the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syrin And draw into the syringe the Ca-3 reagent (ensure that the end of the plastic tip is constantly submersed in the Ca-3 reagent) till the lower end of the black part of the pistion is exactly at the 1.00 ml mark. There will be air present just below the piston. This is the air which was present between the end of the plactic tip and the piston. This will not influence the test result.
- Add dropwise with the 1 ml syringe the Ca-3 reagent to the water in the test tube. Swirl after each drop. Continue with this until color changes from pink-red to a clear blue color.
- Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the, now the upper end, of the black part of the piston. The syringe has graduations of 0.01 ml. Read the Calcium value from the table.
Natural sea water contains 425 – 450 ppm calcium. To raise Ca, Use ME Coral Calcium for best results.
|Reading in ml`s (step 6)||Calcium Concentration in ppm|